Jerry M Luckhardt
Jerry M Luckhardt
Associate Director of Bands
Jerry Luckhardt, Associate Professor of Music at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, conducts the Symphonic Band, Chamber Winds and teaches courses in conducting. His other artistic and administrative positions include: Acting Director of the University of Minnesota School of Music (2007-2008), Director of the University of Minnesota Marching Band (1997-2004), Associate Director of Bands at Baylor University (1994-1997), Assistant Director of Bands at the University of Texas-Austin (1991-1993), and Marching Band Director at the University of Michigan (1989-1990).
Luckhardt has appeared as a guest conductor and clinician with ensembles throughout the U.S., Europe, and Asia. He has earned acclaim from composers such as Michael Colgrass, Shelley Hanson, Libby Larsen, Alex Shapiro and Judith Lang Zaimont for performances of their works. He is also a strong advocate for music with membership in the College Band Directors National Association, Music Educators National Conference, Minnesota Band Directors Association, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma. Professor Luckhardt is currently music director of the Medalist Concert Band in Bloomington, Minnesota and serves as conductor and artistic director of the Encore Wind Ensemble of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- In The Machine. Luckhardt, Jerry, 2002.
- Presenter, Allerton Retreat for Choral Education, Allerton, Illinois: May 24, 2002 - May 26, 2002
- Conductor, AMIS Band and Choir Festival, The Hague, Netherlands: March 11, 2002 - March 23, 2002
- Conductor, American International Schools of Japan Honor Band, Tokyo, Japan: March 24, 2002 - March 27, 2002
- conductor: International Honor Band, Manila, Philippines, February 2009
- Conductor: AMIS International Music Festival, Hague, Netherlands, 2011
- Associate Director, Bands, University of Minnesota
- School of Music Wind/Jazz/Percussion Division, School of Music, University of Minnesota: 1997 - present
- University of Minnesota Alumni Band Society, School of Music, University of Minnesota: 1997 - present
- Member, Minnesota Music Educators Association
- Member, College Band Directors National Association
- Member, Music Educator National Conference
- Member, Minnesota Band Directors Association
- Partnership Award, Boys and Girls Club of Minneapolis: May 15, 2002
- Distinguished Service Award, Minnesota Music Educators Association, June 25, 2002
- Mus 3401 - Basic Conducting
- Mus 3410 - University Wind Bands
- Mus 3480 - Marching Band
- Mus 5410 - University Wind Bands