Sally P O'Reilly
Sally P O'Reilly
Director of Bravo! Summer String and Keyboard Institute
Sally O'Reilly is known throughout the music world as a soloist, chamber musician, and pedagogue. Professor of Violin at the University of Minnesota School of Music in Minneapolis, she studied with Ivan Galamian at Curtis Institute and with Josef Gingold at Indiana University, where she was his assistant. Later she studied with Andre Gertler and Carlo Van Neste in Brussels, where she was a Fulbright Scholar. Her chamber music coaches included Janos Starker, Gyorgy Sebok, Artur Balsam, William Primrose, and Felix Galimir.
Professor O'Reilly's former students are members of the world's major symphony orchestras and hold prominent teaching positions throughout the United States, Asia, and Australia. They have been first prize winners in numerous competitions including the Vittorio Gui in Florence, Italy, the Tokyo International, Irving Klein International, Music Teachers National Association student competitions, and the Banff String Quartet Competition.
She has held Fulbright Senior Lectureships to teach in South America, and has been visiting professor of violin in China, Austria, Ireland, Germany, Israel, Central America, Canada, Korea and the Czech Republic.
Professor O'Reilly has been a frequent member of adjudication panels for the National Endowment for the Arts, the Fulbright Commission, Chamber Music America, ASTA, and MTNA. Her many pedagogical publications for Kjos Music Company are distributed internationally.
- music performance
- chamber music
- To Judge or Not To Judge. O'Reilly, Sally, MNSOTA String Notes, Spring Ed., 2002.
- How To Interview Prospective Students (and Parents). O'Reilly, Sally, MNSOTA String Notes, Fall Ed., 2002.
- Fiddling in China. O'Reilly, Sally, MNSOTA String Notes, Winter Ed., 2002.
- Maintaining a Great Set-up. O'Reilly, Sally, MNSOTA String Notes, 2004.
- Preparing a Polished Performance. O'Reilly, Sally, MNSOTA String Notes, 2003.
- Great Ears and Double JointsA Deadly Combination. O'Reilly, Sally, MNSOTA String Notes, 2003.
- Beyond Preparatory StudyFinding the Right Teacher. O'Reilly, Sally, MNSOTA String Notes, 2004.
- After the Contest Is OverWhat Now?. O'Reilly, Sally, MNSOTA String Notes, 2003.
- Recordings, Caecilian Trio: Saint-Saens Trio No. 1 in F Major: 1979 - 1980
- Recordings, Caecilian Trio: Lalo Trio No. 1 in C Minor: 1979 - 1980
- Recordings, Caecilian Trio: Ravel Trio in A Minor: 1979 - 1980
- Recordings, Caecilian Trio: Ravel Sonate for Violin and Piano: 1979 - 1980
- Masterclasses, Daejon and Pusan, KOREA: January 3, 2002 - January 8, 2002
- Faculty, Arian International Summer Academy, London, Ontario, CANADA: July 14, 2002 - July 20, 2002
- Masterclasses and Teachers Seminars, Tianjin, Xi'an, and Shanghai, PR CHINA: October 6, 2002 - October 21, 2002
- Masterclass, Texas Tech University: February 3, 2002
- Judge, Chicago Symphony Competition Finals: March 2, 2002
- Masterclass, Chicago Institute of Music: December 15, 2002
- Lecture, Midwest International Band and Orchestra Clini: December 17, 2002
- Division Chair, School of Music, University of Minnesota: 2002 - 2003
- Member, American Music Teacher Editorial Committee: 2000 - 2005
- Member, MTNA String Consultant for National Auditions
- Teachers' Seminars: Cork School of Music, IRELAND , January 2003
- Masterclasses: National Conservatory, Montevideo, URUGUAY , August 2003
- Masterclass: Concord (MA) Chamber Music Society , March 13, 2004
- Adjudication of Annual Concerto Competition: Cork School of Music, IRELAND , January 2003
- Masterclasses: Royal Irish Academy of Music, Dublin, IRELAND , January 2003
- Fulbright scholar
- David and Mary Wynton Green Endowed Chair for Violin Pedagogy, University of Texas School of Music, Austin, Texas, 1998
- Louisiana State University Foundation Distinguished Teaching Award, 1988
- American Music Teacher (MTNA) Editorial Board, 2001 - 2005
- MusA 1105 - Violin--Elective
- MusA 1305 - Violin--Major
- MusA 1505 - Violin--Major
- MusA 1905 - Violin--Transfer
- MusA 2305 - Violin-Performance Major
- Mus 5440 - String Chamber Music
- Mus 5428 - Violin Pedagogy
- MusA 8505 - Violin Performance Major
- MusA 3305 - Violin Performance Major