Cellist Tanya Remenikova has inspired critical acclaim during her 40-year international performing career. Reviews from around the world describe her "impassioned approach" to cello playing as having an "elegant, singing tone," "expressive radiancy," "sonority," and "lustre."
Performances have brought her to the major halls in music capitals around the world: London, Moscow, Jerusalem, Brussels, Bonn, Frankfurt, Florence, Taipei, Shanghai. Remenikova has been soloist with the Israel Philharmonic, Jerusalem Symphony, Minnesota Orchestra, and Orchestre Nationale de Belgique, among others. In the United States, recital performances have taken her to New York, Washington, D.C., Chicago, Los Angeles, Detroit, Kansas City, Houston, San Francisco and the Aspen Music Festival.
Remenikova's recordings of Prokofiev, Shostakovich, Stravinsky, and Britten are on the DDF and Sound Star Tone labels. Her concert performances have been broadcast in several countries on networks such as the BBC in London, BRT-RTB in Brussels, WFMT in Chicago, WQXR in New York City, National Public Radio, and American Public Radio on such nationally broadcast programs as Saint Paul Sunday Morning.
Professor and chamber music coach on the faculty at the University of Minnesota School of Music since 1976, Remenikova has attracted students from all over the world. As a teacher, she relies on her own thorough training in music, both as cellist and pianist. Before she became a student of the world renowned Mstislav Rostropovich at the Moscow Conservatory in Russia, Remenikova studied with Valentin Berlinsky, a member of the renowed Borodin Quartet.
An avid chamber music player, she performs regularly with the Saint Paul-based Hill House Chamber Players. She also appeared in the Barge Chamber Music Series in New York and with the Karlsruhe Trio in Germany. She has given master classes in Europe, Asia and the U.S. and premiered a number of new compositions, including a work dedicated to her by Judith Zaimont, "Tanya" Poems for Cello Solo.
She is a recipient of 2007 Master Teacher Studio Award from the Minnesota Chapter of the American String Teachers Association.
- cello pedagogy
- string techniques
- cellist with the Hill House Chamber Players, St. Paul: last 25 years
- CD Recording - Shostakovich/Britten Sonatas for Cello and Piano, SoundStarTon, Germany (international distribution)
- CD Recording - The Romantic Sonata: Rachmaninoff/Grieg for Cello and Piano, D'Note/Allegro (international distribution)
- CD Recording - Hill House Chamber Players: Ten Thousand Lakes, sponsored by the Schubert Club
- Texas Music Festival, Houston: Performances and Master Classes, June 15, 2003 - June 30, 2003
- Master classes and performances: 7th Cello Congress, Tempe Arizona, May 16, 2003 - May 19th, 2003
- Faculty recital: Bach- cello suite no.6, Schnittke- Sonata no.2, Brahms - Trio, op.114, Nov.19, 2003
- Faculty recital: Sonatas by L.van Beethoven, Z.Kodaly, E. Grieg, October 2007
- Recital: Sonatas by F.Chopin, F.Schubert, C. Debussy, January 2011
- Master Classes and Recital at the Cello:American Experience Summer Camp : Z.Kodaly - Sonatine, C. Franck - Sonata, I.Stravinsky - Suite Italienne, July 2011
- "Pure Colors" CD recording of Music by Judith Zaimont: "Tanya" Poems for Cello Solo, 2005, Albany Records
- Hill House Chamber Players: CD Recording: Piano Quartet by J.Turina, op.67, Phantasy, op.2 by B. Britten, Piano Trio, op.17 by Clara Schumann, 2007, Ten Thousand L
- A Portrait of Brazil CD : Music of Joao Guilherme Ripper. Duo Sonatina for oboe and cello, 2010
- String Division, School of Music, University of Minnesota
- Member, Graduate Studies Committee, School of Music, University of Minnesota
- Member, College Music Society
- Member, American String Teacher Association
- Cello Gala recital with the participation of Wesleyan University, Illinois cellists: April 20, 2002
- Teacher of the Year, The Schubert Club, 1994
- Eugene Ysaye Award for Cultural Contribution, Brussels
- Gold Medal, Cassado International Cello Competition, Florence, 1979
- Fellowship, Churchill College, Cambridge, ENGLAND
- Artist Teacher of the Year Award, American String Teachers Association, Minnesota Unit, 2007
- MusA 1107 - Cello--Elective
- MusA 1307 - Cello--Major
- MusA 1407 - Cello--Secondary
- MusA 1507 - Cello--Major
- MusA 1907 - Cello--Transfer
- MusA 2307 - Cello-Performance Major
- 8307, graduate cello
- 3307 upper division, cello